Tuesday, December 1, 2020

 Mascarpone Banana Nut Bread


Who doesn't love a warm slice of banana nut bread.....yummmmm!!!!

I didn't know the banana nut bread existed while I lived in India. Come to the US and Thanks to Starbucks, and there it is - the Banana Nut Bread. My husband never leaves Starbucks without a slice with his coffee. My 3-year old son has taken after and expects the same when we visit a Starbucks. Why spend $3 for a slice when you can make a loaf for probably lesser, says the Mallu me :)

I have always used the recipe from The Kitchn and it never failed me.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-banana-bread-the-simplest-easiest-recipe-139900

Come Thanksgiving 2020 and I had bought mascarpone from Trader Joe's for the mashed potatoes (separate blog another day). With so much mascarpone remaining in the tub and reading and tasting it's sweet notes, I realized it could be added to a cake. 

Rotting bananas on the counter, mascarpone in the refrigerator and time on my hands, gave birth to my own recipe of the Mascarpone Banana Nut Bread. One slice down and Ajit goes looking for a domain for me on GoDaddy (how sweet :)). at this point I don't have a domain, but who knows, some day!!!!!

Changes I made to the recipe from The Kitchn

Ingredients Substituted:

1 cup white sugar       1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar

3 ripe bananas            4 ripe bananas

1 stick butter               Took away 2 Tbsp off the stick and added 2 Tbsp Mascarpone Cheese

I always add walnuts and chocolate chips (who doesn't love a lil chocolate?)

I used my Kitchenaid stand mixer and followed the recipe. About 30 mins in to the baking I pulled out the bread/cake and tented the mold with foil and pushed it back in for another 25mins.

Viola! I gave birth to the most amazing, yummy Mascarpone Banana Nut Bread (Haven't checked if this recipe exists anywhere on google, but today I invented it)



Not 'cos I made it but its a yummy, super soft, a lil heavier and richer version of the humble Banana Nut Bread. I am definitely a happier woman now than when I started the day.

No comments: