Thursday, June 11, 2020

Falafel

Falafel...….

After many, many years, here I am logged in to my blog. I have only used this blog to pen crazy feelings of happiness and sadness during my younger days. Not that I am old :) but I am a mom now and jobless at the moment, locked indoors due to the Covid pandemic, so what else other than cooking to fill the hours in a day. I am going to record my cooking experimentations to come in handy and record the recipe for later.

A weekly Friday outing to Shawarma King for some yummy shawarma was the only thing we looked forward to during the pandemic. I've eaten one too many falafels some greasy, some tasteless. I used the recipe from https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/falafel/. Not bragging but the falafel I made was one of the best I've eaten so far. My husband from who's mouth a praise for a new dish rarely appears said it was even better than what we get at Shawarma King. I'll take that :D


If you've made a parippu vada before, Falafel is no rocket science. Its the Mediterranean parippu vada. I substituted red chilly pwd instead of cayenne and besan for the chickpea powder from Tori's recipe. This recipe is definitely a keeper, might even make an appearance while hosting sometime in the future.Crunchy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, just like meee (shady dialogue!)


No comments: